jeudi 4 août 2005

Noir intense

Très bon article sur Mitchum à lire du côté de chez Sight & Sound, mais bien besogneux à côté d'une page de citations du bonhomme.
A cool, humorous, take-as-you-find view of humanity seems to have been the legacy; somehow part of Mitchum was always outside events, taking a dispassionate view of what was going on around him. This quality was an intrinsic part of what made him such a superb actor. He was neither a theatrical technician nor a Method invoker of ghost emotions, but really did, as he claimed, make it up as he went along, a naturally gifted performer who seemed to know instinctively how to give minimum effort for maximum effect.

''Years ago, I saved up a million dollars from acting, a lot of money in those days, and I spent it all on a horse farm in Tucson. Now when I go down there, I look at that place and I realize my whole acting career adds up to a million dollars worth of horseshit.''

Aucun commentaire: