vendredi 24 novembre 2006

Ellen Burstyn is living!

Assez de ce mois des défunts, Ellen Burstyn a beaucoup de choses à dire et elle le dit puisqu'elle vient d'écrire elle-même sa bio.
"I wrote the whole thing in longhand," she said. "I am more comfortable with that than with a typewriter or a computer. This is not my century, if I had a choice I would ride around in a horse and buggy!"
Pour le reste elle trouve que la facilité de cachetonner à la télé a fait baisser le niveau global des acteurs US.
"Acting? I think it needs some help," she told Reuters in a recent interview. "TV has lowered the bar. With quicker schedules everything is rushed, so the quality gets lowered."

Broadway, she said, is in terrible shape. "I am appalled. (I saw) a couple of things that were billed as good, but they were shockingly bad. I can't recommend anything on Broadway."
Elle en tout cas n'a plus rien à prouver (mais c'est toujours un plaisir de la retrouver à l'écran même si j'ai un peu peur d'une nouvelle surcharge rétinienne avec le dernier Aronofsky) et si elle retient une leçon de la vie c'est ce fameux "Connais-toi toi même/Deviens ce que tu es" :
"If you want to know who you truly are, the answer won't be found in the outer world; you must go inside and see where your instincts lead you," Burstyn writes.
Sa bio : Lessons in becoming myself

Aucun commentaire: